Top Android Apps To Help You Quit Smoking
According to WHO reports, tobacco is responsible for the death of roughly 6 million people each year. This high number isn’t too surprising when you consider the fact that tobacco kills up to half of its users. When you look at those numbers, it boggles the mind why anyone continues to smoke past their impressionable teenage years.
And if you’re like most smokers…you have tried to quit smoking…lots of times. And no one is saying that it’s going to be easy, but there are several cessation techniques that can be of help to you. E-cigs may be of help, and so may be counseling or medication.
E-cigarettes, currently under much scrutiny for their health implications, may nonetheless do you good; a 2011 study published in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine suggested that more than 30% of E-cigarette users quit smoking after around 6 months of making the switch.
Whatever method you choose, you will need extra motivation to aid your cessation efforts. Your android mobile can help provide that. Here is a list of the top 5 android apps which can help you quit smoking.
- This application allows a user to enlist the help of friends and family in their attempts to quit smoking.
- It traces your quitting efforts and uses content from evidence-based research from the U.S. National Institute of Health to provide the user with advice, tips and daily encouragement.
- The application interface can also be customized to suit one’s individual needs.
Get Rich Or Die Smoking
This is an interesting app which provides what is a brilliant incentive for quitting any bad habit – the promise of more money.
- Get Rich Or Die Smoking demonstrates what a user can afford with the savings post quitting while also offering information of how much healthier one is with each smoke-free day.
- It also engenders extra motivation by sharing user-progress with friends and awarding mystery trophies with each achievement in quitting.